Friday 24 October 2014

777 Challenge

Good Morning, lovelies!


It's 777 Challenge time! As most of you know, the 777 challenge is one writer challenging another (or however many you'd like) to post seven lines of text, seven lines down, on the seventh page of a work in progress. 

I was tagged via facebook/gchat/DM/all the ways Rachel Simon (hi!) and I chat, so I'm tagging Amber Mauldin!

I'm going to do THE BONE TREE, since it's the best representation of where my head is at right now, and because I love it SO much.  It's a contemporary MG with a healthy dash of horror and a few sprinkles of adventure. I'd give you some comp titles, but they always make me feel dreadfully inadequate.

So, without further ado, here are 7 random lines.


(from pinterest)

Roman continues. “Yup. Anyways, Samuel spent night after night at Mary’s grave, crying and begging God to show him his wife.”

“Did God answer his prayers?” I try to remember my old Sunday school classes. I know people rose from the dead all the time, but I can’t remember if they roamed graveyards after or not.


“Someone did, but I don’t think it was God.” Roman walks in a slow circle around the tree. “On the fourth day Samuel found his wife, still dressed in the white gown she was married in, and later buried, in. Samuel scooped her up, but she was made of icy mist and nothing more."




Have a fabulous weekend <3

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! This looks very good! Seems perfect for this time of year. And I love the line about knowing that people rose from the dead. Nice! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete